This recipe uses our lovely Laver Seaweed we sell in store.
Serves 2. Takes approx. 35mins
1 small onion chopped
100g baby spinach washed
¼ tsp cumin seeds
1 ½ tsp laver seaweed
¼ tsp thyme
Premade puff pastry, cut into 2 6inch squares
• Pre-heat oven 205°, gas mark 6.
• Sauté the onions on low with the cumin seeds for 10 minutes in sauce pan with lid on.
• Mean while, put the puff pastry on a tray and score a 1cm border around the edge for the crust, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place on the bottom of oven, bake for 10minutes until puffed up and lightly golden.
• Once the onions are translucent but not brown, stir in the washed spinach (still wet) and add 1 tsp laver seaweed, thyme and seasoning. Pop the lid back on for another 5 minutes until wilted.
• Drain spinach mixture then press the spinach firmly with a spoon to remove any remaining liquid.
• Take out the puff pastry and push down the centre.
• Spread over the spinach mixture and then crack the eggs into the centre.
• Sprinkle over the remaining laver seaweed and season, and put back into the oven for 10 minutes or until the eggs have cooked.